Rick Maldonado is the Vice President of Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Engineering & Grid Transformation at CPS Energy, the nation’s largest municipally owned electric and natural gas utility. Rick has more than 30 years of experience as a leader in the electric and natural gas utility industry. He is responsible for Grid Transformation Planning & Innovation, Distribution, Substation & Transmission Engineering, and Substation & Transmission Construction & Maintenance. Rick previously served as the Sr. Director of System Operations which included responsibility for the Real Time Operations of the Transmission & Distribution electrical grid, including oversight for control room operations, maintenance & support of the Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, and Service Restoration.
Rick has a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&I University, a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from St. Mary’s University and completed the Rice University Executive Accelerated Development Program. He is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas.
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 27
Smart Energy & Utilities Panel
- Andres Carvallo | CEO of CMG, Professor and Co-Director of CIEDAR at Texas State University
- Greg Flay | VP of Technology & Data at Austin Energy
- Byron Rojas | CEO of Easymetering
- Ricardo Maldonado | VP of Grid Modernization
- Dr. Semih Aslan | Associate Professor and Electrical Engineering Program Coordinator at Texas State University